Monday, January 12, 2009

Hair Cuts

I just cut Adam and Calvin's hair tonight. I started cutting hair when Adam was just building his business and didn't have time during the day to get to the barber. I bought a $30 pair of clippers from Target. I had a husband that was willing for me to learn on him, and a mother-in-law to give me some tips. I started out slow, and learned more the more I practiced. As Calvin got older, he asked me to start scissor trimming his hair, rather than using the clippers so his hair could be a little longer. It took me a long time to get up the courage to do the girls' hair. It takes longer, and it's so more evident when I screw up. I've figured out how to do a little bob that looks pretty good. My little girls love their hair short. Now I cut everyone's hair. Thomas is like shearing a sheep, his hair is so fine. I'm the only one in our household that pays for a haircut. I figure at about $15 for a cheap haircut, I save between $30 and $75 a month, depending on how many need haircuts in one month, and I can do it when it's convenient for me, less appointments to keep! Don't be afraid to try. It's a good skill to have under your belt.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I cut Kirk hair. It was hard at first, but now it's no big deal. It only takes like 10 minutes and it DOES save us a lot of money.