Friday, January 9, 2009

Chili Spaghetti

I am working on putting together recipes for our three month supply. This is one I adapted and tried out on my family tonight. We love spaghetti, and we've eaten chili over spaghetti noodles for years. So I created something shelf-able but adaptable to using various ingredients from my food storage. If I were without the advantage of ground beef for the sauce, the canned chili provides the protein that would be missing otherwise. My family loved it. Adam put shredded cheddar on his spaghetti, everyone else used parmesan. This is obviously very easy, and a huge amount. This will provide leftovers for tomorrow for my family of seven. You can scale this down for your family, or use other ingredients such as homemade sauce, canned or dried beans, canned beef, etc. This way was very good, though. I'll post the spreadsheet I'm making for my three month supply as soon as I can.

One 40 oz can Nally Chili
Two 26.5 oz cans Del Monte Pasta Sauce
One 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
Two lbs. spaghetti noodles

I combined the first three ingredients in my crockpot and cooked on high for two hours, and cooked the pasta as directed.

No comments: