Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Emergency Preparedness Binder

O.K. so the first thing I've done is to organize the information I collect on preparedness. I had a binder started from our last ward and their emergency preparedness push, but you can just get a 3-ring binder and make tabs with the following titles:

Home Production and Storage
Rotating/Replacing Storage
Recipes
72 hr. Storage Kits
Water Storage
Energy-Heat and Light
Natural Disaster/Caring for your Utilities
Preserving important documents
Prepare Your Home for a Disaster
Financial and Resource Management
Spiritual Preparedness

My dollar store often has binders and tabs, so don't spend a lot if you don't already have something you can use at home. I will put a label on each post, linking them to these titles. Sometimes there will be links where you can print out handouts, etc. Sometimes you might have to copy the post into a word document and then print if you want a hard copy. On my other blog, I posted "All Rights Reserved" but on this site, everything is up for grabs. That's what it's for. Copy it, paste it, print it. I recommend hard copies because if the power is out, your computer is a useless heap of plastic and parts. Plus you can watch your preparedness grow!

You of course can order these any way you want. I always find that the best way for me to start a new thing is to have a system of organization. So, this is your first assignment. We'll get stuff to put in there soon, happy organizing.

No comments: