Saturday, November 22, 2008

Food Storage Flapjacks

These are the best flapjacks. I don't usually like whole wheat pancakes, they're too heavy for my taste. But this is a great, hearty recipe. The oats and the cinnamon make them wonderful.

4 c quick oats
2 c flour
2 c whole wheat flour (I use white wheat)
1 c brown sugar
1 c powdered milk
3 T baking powder
2 T cinnamon
2 1/2 t salt
1/2 t cream of tartar

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Put in ziplock bag. Use as needed. I usually double the recipe and keep my bags of pancake mix in the freezer so it stores better.

For every 2 cups of mix add the following:

2 beaten eggs
1/3 c oil
1 c water

We had these for breakfast this morning. My kids love them. They'll even eat the leftovers cold out of the fridge for a snack. I've used red wheat and white wheat, both taste great. This is a great recipe to get your family used to wheat.

Thanks so much to my sister's friend Vicki for this recipe.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Kim- I love this blog. I have been really worried about food storage lately and money has been so tight so this blog will be so helpful. Good idea.

KLF said...

Thank you, Gretchen. That is my hope, to be able to share ideas that will be helpful, and that we can all help each other.